The vision statement of the Faculty of Social Sciences is:
The Faculty of Social Sciences prepares future leaders mainly for government institutions, school institutions and non-governmental organizations. Study programs make a link between theory and practice, as one of the most important conditions for acquiring the skills and knowledge necessary for a successful career. Graduates will be able to contribute to the creation, implementation, development and evaluation of public policies for the benefit of society.
Two of the main goals of the faculty activities are: Teaching and studying. The teaching activity is based on a contemporary program, which enables qualitative preparation of students in the respective professions. The scientific activity is of an applicable character and focuses on social studies that are of interest to society and beyond.
Mission of the Faculty of Social Sciences is based on these values
"The social work profession is a profession based on practice and academic discipline that promotes social change and development, social cohesion and the empowerment and liberation of people. The principles of social justice, human rights, collective responsibility and respect are essential to the mission of social care.
Based on social work theories, social sciences and indigenous knowledge, social work engages people and structures addressed to life's challenges and strives to enhance overall well-being. The above definition can be reinforced at national and regional levels.
Another mission of the faculty is to enable students to acquire the skills and techniques needed to work in the social services sector. The program is designed being based on present experience in educating social workers in Kosove and global standards for educating and training social workers designated by the International Association of Social Workers.
To accomplish the mission, the following strategic objectives have been set:
Considering the importance of the study content and the mission of the University of Gjakova. Fehm Agani, the objectives of the Bachelor Program in "Social Care and Welfare" are:
1. Apply the knowledge and skills of general social work practice in caring for individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
2. Develop a critical and integrative understanding of the relationship between theory, research, and advanced practice in social care and welfare.
3. Practicing theoretical and practical knowledge in line with the ethical values of the social work profession, achieved by demonstrating competent professional behavior, working conscience with service users, related to work and social welfare.
4. Develop the skills and abilities necessary for the successful application of services in environments requiring the provision of professional activities in the field of social care and welfare.
5. Building human capacities for quality teaching and research activities
6. Providing quality study programs in areas relevant to the labor market and social development.